A trip to the beach with your little one requires you to pack a few extra bits for a fun day out, but it needn’t mean taking everything but the kitchen sink. To help you on your way, we’ve picked out the essentials and a few nice-to-haves for good measure!
- Sunscreen – a good quality brand that’s at least SPF15 and suitable for baby’s sensitive skin.
- Sun hat – pick a style with a wide brim to shade your baby’s neck and eyes.
- Huggies Little Swimmers – made with a unique absorbent material that doesn’t swell in water, they take care of little accidents, leaving your little one free to have fun!
- Beach parasol or tent – shade is really important to provide young children with some much-needed shelter from the sun.
- Change of clothes – pack clean, dry clothes and a few extra layers in case the temperature starts to drop.
- A towel – the irresistible lure of the water means your little one is bound to want to dip at least a toe into the sea.
- Drinks and snacks – plenty of liquid, especially on a warm day, and a good supply of snacks will replenish your busy beach baby.
- Wipes – a must on any trip out and particularly useful for cleaning up after a roll in the sand, a sticky ice cream and, of course, a nappy change.
- Swimwear – the fun Disney graphics on a pair of Little Swimmers mean swimwear is not essential, but a cute cossie will help cover baby’s delicate skin.
- UV rash suit – a practical way to protect your baby’s skin from the sun’s rays without the need for too much sunscreen.
- Beach games – a bucket and spade, ball and other durable toys are great for extra entertainment.
- Big blanket – room for everyone to stretch out and relax.
- Camera – take plenty of photos to record those early beach outings!
- Waterproof footwear – perfect for protecting little feet against sharp stones and warm sand.